Monday, September 24, 2007

Fantasy sports with StatTracker

I have played fantasy sports for the last 5 years or so, but this is the 1st year I have gotten StatTracker. On yahoo, which is where I play most of my fantasy sports, you do not receive the scores of your players until the next day. But it is free to play on Yahoo, so it usually wasn't a big deal. But this year in baseball, I purchased StatTracker for $9.99. It was great. You can go to your team at any time and see how your guys are doing. Even if people are not on your team, you can still see how they did that night in case you wanted to pick them up. Another cool feature is that for the $9.99, it worked with all three of my teams in the different fantasy leagues throughout Yahoo. So I decided to give it a shot in fantasy football also. I wasn't sure if I would use it as much since you only need it 1 day a week. Boy was I wrong. It is even better than baseball. They have a Gamechannel button that will show you exactly what is going on in every game. It will even tell you when someone on your team is in the red zone and getting ready to score. I find myself in front of the computer all day on Sundays, and then changing the channel on the satellite whenever one of my players is getting close to scoring. It is also great not having to rummage through all the box scores at the end of the night, or waiting for the paper the next day. All the info you need is in one compact spot that will tell you everything you need to know. Maybe the best 10 bucks I have ever spent.

No comments: